Sungold Cherry Tomato Grow Kit
Sungold Cherry Tomato for the 15 Gallon Pot Kit
Each planting kit comes with the following contents to ensure successful growing season of tomatoes:
- 15 gallon planting container
- Organic soil amendments to boost organic planting soil (includes organic fertilizer mix, mycorrhizal fungi powder, worm castings and coir fiber for moisture retention.)
- Organic Sungold Cherry tomato mature seedling
Sungold Cherry Tomatoes are one of the most popular varieties of cherry tomatoes grown in home gardens and for good reason. They are just so sweet! The beautiful pop of orange added to your patio garden will not only be sweet but will also give you some of that classic acidic tomato taste you know and love.
These tomatoes produce fruit in prolific mouth watering amounts, seeming to be popping fruit out on a weekly basis once full color development starts taking place. It's hard not to just eat them directly off the vine! Great for snacking, tossed in balsamic vinegar, thrown on a summer salad, or more! Tomatoes are even just beautiful to harvest and hold in a bowl in your kitchen, get creative with the use of these golden garden wonders.
These small little tomato poppers are full of nutritional value, holding the key to our immune system. Sun Gold Tomatoes are full of vitamin C and antioxidants that are great for detoxing the body and boosting immune function. Not only so, they are also packed with Vitamin A and much more! When you incorporate sungold tomatoes into your diet on a regular basis you will see an increase in heart health, blood pressure, and preventing the build of free radicals in the body known to cause cancers.
There is even more to the health and quality of these cherry tomatoes, not only are they a beautiful classic garden addition, they are tasty and great for you. Why don't you grow some with us this summer! We will answer questions and guide you through what the season entails, and ship the baby seedling and all the amendments along with the pot for growing.
All you need to do is get a bag of potting soil, and follow along! We got you covered!
- Growing Season: Most fruiting plants have their peak growing season starting in Spring and extending through Fall. They need the warm days and nights to produce fruit.
- Harvest Method: As soon as the plant bears the fruit, harvesting can begin and will continue through the season. Most fruiting plants grow through a season and then are done.
- First Harvest: Fruiting plants take longer to bear fruit and can take 2-3 months to get to a harvesting stage.
- Final Harvest: Occurs at the end of summer and into early Fall for most climates. Some plants, such as strawberries will become dormant in Winter and then pop back into action in the Spring.
- Best Planted Wall Placement: Place micro-tomatoes and jalapenos that grow in the Planted Wall near the top so you can maximize sun and warmth during the Summer.
Most fruiting plants prefer warmer temperatures and will be dormant or grow very slowly in mild winter climates.
You want to be aware of the extreme temperature ranges in your region. If you follow the guidelines below, you will be safe:
- If you live in a location where the temperatures dip below freezing, then you will want to wait to grow fruiting plants until night temperatures are in the 50's consistently.
- If you live where it reaches above 90 degrees consistently, you'll want to grow heat tolerant fruiting plants (tomatoes and peppers) and herbs (basil, mint, rosemary) primarily.
To find out what extreme temperatures your location experiences, check out the USDA zone for your region.
We ship seedlings directly from our certified organic grower during specific weeks each month to ensure the we are delivering seedlings at the peak of freshness and prime for transplanting.
Don't worry we tend to over-communicate the details when it comes to logistics. You'll know when orders (both seedlings and other garden products) are shipped.