Welcome to a soul-nourishing culinary journey where the warmth of homemade goodness embraces you with every spoonful. In this recipe blog, we are delighted to present our flavorful Squash and Herb Soup, a hearty blend of wholesome ingredients that will surely delight your taste buds. Picture the rich essence of squash, infused with aromatic herbs, and the added freshness of parsley straight from our farm planted wall.
As you immerse yourself in the comforting flavors of this soup, you'll experience a sense of coziness and contentment like never before. Whether you seek a comforting meal on a chilly day or a taste of pure bliss, our Squash and Herb Soup with farm-fresh parsley is a must-try. Join us on this delightful culinary adventure, and let the enchanting aroma of this soup fill your home with love and warmth!
1 large or 2 medium butternut squash
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 celery stalked, chopped
1 teaspoon toasted ground cumin
4 sprigs parsley
1 sprig rosemary
⅛ teaspoon ground cardamom
½ teaspoon chili flake
1½ teaspoon salt
Approximately 5 cups hot water
1 13.5 oz can organic coconut milk (unsweetened)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Put butternut squash lengthwise into halves with skin on and salt the fleshy part of the squash and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, skin side up.
- Roast in the oven for about 30 to 45 minutes or until tender.
- Remove when you can pierce the squash with a knife.
- Cool and peel reserving the flesh in discarding the seeds.
- Add olive oil to a large soup pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, carrot, celery, cumin, parsley, Rosemary, ground cardamom, chili flake, and salt. Sautee for several minutes, your kitchen will smell very fragrant as the spices toast.
- When vegetables are softened, preserve roasted butternut squash in hot water enough to cover the squash mixture by an inch.
- Bring to a simmer cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove and discard the rosemary and parsley sprigs.
- The entire can of coconut milk to the soup and stir to incorporate.
- Turn off the heat and pray the soup in batches in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Serve hot.
Adapted from Seasons of Sol