Welcome to your Planted Wall Gardening System!
You'll be up and growing in no time. Keep you eyes out for emails from Planted Places (make sure to check spam). You will soon be receiving emails regarding upcoming seedling shipments as well as instructions for planting.
Unpack your Wall! Make sure you've received everything. You will receive 5 boxes (6 boxes if you've ordered the 2-sided wall) in total for your initial shipment to get you started. Not all boxes will arrive together. Your initial shipment will be 3-4 boxes and includes the hardware for your Planted Wall.
- Top frame with pre-installed irrigation clips, bolts, washers, and hardware (an allen wrench).
- Bottom frame with 4 casters and brakes attached
- 2 uprights to attach bottom frame to top frame
- 18 plastic hex pots
- 18 grow pots
- Hardware to attach uprights to bottom frame
- Welcome collateral with a QR code to scan for the frame assembly instructions
- Water basin with float valve
- Irrigation plumbing system - with inline filter, manifold, and self-cleaning irrigators.
- Irrigation pump - with filter, DC outlet, and adapter attachment
Box 4: (this may arrive separately from first 3 boxes)
- Soil for 18 or 36 pots depending on size of wall
- Farmers Bag
- Garden accessories including a Micro green growing kit, clippers, nail brush, garden journal, spray bottle, nailbrush, and Welcome collateral for growing.
Box 5: included with 2-sided wall purchases
- 18 plastic hex pots
- 18 grow pots
- Soil for 18 pots
*** Your seedlings will ship directly from the certified organic grower and will arrive separately from your Planted Wall.
Next up... time to attach the universal uprights (one on the left, one on the right) to the bottom frame and then attach the top frame to the uprights.
Attach the universal upright.
- Align the upright so that the screw holes are lined up.
- The hardware (bolt and washer) can be found in a ziplock bag along with an allen wrench.
- Using the allen wrench provided, tighten the bolt.
- Watch the video for a detailed demonstration.
Attach top frame to upright. It's helpful to have someone holding the frame while performing this step.
- Line up the top frame on top of the uprights.
- The hardware (bolt and washer) and allen wrench can be found in a ziplock bag.
- Use the allen wrench to screw in the bolt that will attach the top frame to the bottom frame.
- Watch the video for a detailed demonstration of how to attach the top frame using an allen wrench.
Last step in the assembly!
The irrigation plumbing comes fully assembled. All you need to do is snap-in the irrigation line to the clips on the top frame. The manifold attaches to the clamp at the top of the frame and the inline filter attaches to the clamp located in the middle of the frame.
Lastly, simply place your water basin on the bottom frame and center it on the rails. Now you're ready to fill the water basin. When you are ready to water your Planted Wall, plug in the pump power adapter to any 110V household outlet. Or better yet, upgrade to an automated timer and automatically water your plants using your smart phone.
Watch the videos below for more detail on the irrigation including how to attach the line to the frame, how the float valve works, and clearing the irrigation lines for maintenance.
Your shipments of soil, organic amendment, and organic seedlings will be shipped after the wall system arrives to give you time to set things up. We ship seedlings separately to keep them fresh and to ensure they are at their peak for transplanting. It will be important to plant them soon after they arrive as they will be ready for fresh air, sunshine and refreshing water. 🌱
Follow along with the video below! We'll show you what you to do when your seedlings arrive and how to plant them once you are ready. After planting, let your plants sit for awhile (2-3 days) in filtered shade and then slip into hex pot and hang on the wall. Place hex pots on the frame starting from the bottom.