The best way to prepare for the Fall gardening this year is to know what to look out for before the season starts. You'll be harvesting in no time and cooking with fresh ingredients all season long!
Download our FREE Fall Gardening & Cooking Guide! With over 18 pages of Fall gardening tips plus numerous ways to prepare and cook with Fall vegetables from the garden. We've partnered with Barbie Aknin of Community Cuisine to bring the best tips for seasonal cooking.
Created by Expert Gardening & Cooking Pros
About Planted Places
Christy Ross, founder of Planted Places, started a company focused on making it easy for people to garden organically no matter the space or time. Planted Places is the maker of the innovative Planted Wall, an outdoor vertical gardening system for sustainably growing food. The wall is designed to be EASY to grow nutrient-dense greens & herbs — no matter your space or location. It is self-watering, self-fertilizing and on wheels so you can move it to the sun. It also features a recirculating irrigation system to conserve water.
We also offer garden grow kits for each season and a Garden Shop where you can purchase all your organic growing needs. Our seedling shop allows you to custom select the season's best of certified organic seedlings. We grow from organic seed only and nurture the seedlings until they are at prime transplant size. This eliminates 6-8 weeks of waiting for the seeds to sprout and grow!
Put your seedlings and soil purchases on auto-delivery and we will ship your season's seedling based on your shipment preference.
About Community Cuisine
Barbie Aknin is a seasoned food professional with over 35 years of experience, Barbie brings a deep knowledge of food, creativity, and passion for cooking to the table. ”I believe that cooking is a teachable skill that enhances our meals and our health. It connects us to people and the natural rhythm of the seasons.” Barbie’s objective is to pass this on. She-
- Teaches the art, traditional techniques, and the value of cooking
- Shares practical techniques with those just learning and artful skills to the “foodie”
- Shares culinary traditions from both the past and the present, drawing from the rich cultures of our community
- She connects the dots in our local food system by introducing farmers, artisans, foragers, and chefs to my community
Community Cuisine offers:
- Public and private cooking classes in person and online
- Special events and classes with guest teachers and speakers
- Private and public retreats
- International food-centered travel experiences including:
- Provence France, where we stay at Simca Beck’s former home next door to Julia Child’s former home home
- Agricultural southern Sweden
- New locations in 2024