Using plants is a sustainable way to decorate our homes all year long.
That's why we created this fall-inspired centerpiece, featuring a pumpkin, kale and mint.
After we're done with the pumpkins, we can compost them. Not to mention – making roasted pumpkin seeds! We can also cook with the herbs and greens. Zero waste is our goal!
This sustainable centerpiece comes together quickly. Here's how to make it.
1. Gather supplies.
2. Cut the top off of the pumpkin.
3. Remove the seeds. (Make roasted pumpkin seeds if you'd like!)
3. Fill the glass one-third of the way up with water.
4. Place the glass inside the pumpkin.
5. Arrange kale stems inside the glass.
6. Fill the glass jars one-third of the way up with water.
7. Arrange the mint stems in the gass jars.
8. Place the filled pumpkin and glass jars on the cake stand.
You can grow your own kale, mint and other herbs and greens in the Planted Wall vertical gardening system.