TEST-PAGE- Planted Wall Gardening System
Everything you need to get started PLUS extras!
Planted Wall includes:
- Wall System: A complete system for growing plants in soil on a vertical structure:
- Durable recyclable aluminum frame: powder-coated aluminum frame on wheels
- Recirculating irrigation system irrigation system,
- 9 Gallon water basin & float valve
- High pressure pump for vertical growing - 12V DC brushless
- 18 hanging pots - manufactured polypropylene for high temperatures, custom designed for vertical growing.
- 18 premium felt grow bags - allows for plants to aerate and reduces rootbound conditions.
- Garden Accessories: Farmers market bag and garden accessories (clippers, tags, essentials that every gardener needs)
Starter Kit Includes:
- Organic Soil + Organic Additives: enough soil and amendments to plant your first seedlings.
- Organic Certified Seedlings: initial supply of 18 organic seedlings (based on your selection) to fill your wall. PLUS a microgreen kit for growing the superfood!
The Planted Wall has been designed for growing outdoors. For optimal results, you want to find a spot that gets at least 4-6 hours of direct sunlight a day.
It takes up a space of 2 feet by 2 feet (roughly the same space as a person standing).
You can grow on a deck, patio, high rise balcony, yard - it's endless the choices.
The Planted Wall is designed to make it easy to grow organically without knowledge, time or space.
Here's what is recommended to operate the system with ease and to automate steps.
- 110 V outlet to operate the pump. If no outlets are accessible, a portable battery pack is sufficient. You can order one here. The battery includes 5 hours of run time (monthly to semi-monthly charges may be required).
- Water source is NOT required. Simple refilling of the water basin from a bucket is all that is needed.
- To operate the float valve, a water source is needed to automatically refill the water basin.
- Lastly, a timer can automate the watering process for you. We sell this timer in our garden shop which can be operated from a mobile phone.
We grow with the seasons! So in most climates, you will be able to grow year round.
You want to be aware of the extreme temperature ranges in your region. If you follow the guidelines below, you will be safe:
- If you live in a location where the temperatures dip below freezing, then you will want to wait until night temperatures are in the 40's consistently.
- On the occasional dips into the 30's, you can cover with a sheet or bring them indoors for that time period. The breeze is good for plants and helps to keep bugs at bay so growing outdoors is optimal.
- For herbs, you may want to wait to grow herbs until night temperatures are in the 50's consistently.
- If you live where it reaches above 90 degrees consistently, you'll want to grow heat tolerant fruiting plants (tomatoes and peppers) and herbs (basil, mint, rosemary) primarily.
To find out what extreme temperatures your location experiences, check out the USDA zone for your region.
On a monthly basis, you will grow ~ 14-25 pounds of leafy greens and lettuce during peak growing season.
Here's the skinny on that - most heads of lettuce and leafy greens weigh in at 10-12 ounces. With the Planted Wall, you can grow 18 or 36 plants, depending on the size you purchase. During peak growing seasons (temp ranges between 60-85 degrees), you can expect to get to harvest within 2-4 weeks of planting.
But's here's the best news - you don't have to wait to harvest, we encourage grazing off the wall regularly as soon as you as there are at least 3 mature leaves (4-5" long).
This is the fun part! The Planted wall makes it easy to grow because so many of the maintenance steps are taken care of and the soil ensures your plants are healthy.
We recommend setting a timer for the irrigation system so that it waters automatically based on your climate requirements and attaching a water hose to the float valve for automatic refill of the water basin.
Frequent check-in on the plants is always good to make sure they're growing in nicely and to watch for any insects that may want to eat your plants.
Based on your seedling replenishment frequency, you can expect to spend ~ 5 minutes per plant to recondition soil and replant.
If you don't have electricity or water nearby, we have options so make sure to contact email@example.com.
Planted Members receive gardening support through our online workshops, garden training, members-only website and private Facebook community.
We make growing food easy and fun with instructions, videos, recipes and weekly tips in the Planted Membership.
We teach you every step along the way! We make it easy and fun with instructions, videos, weekly tips and a private Facebook community.
You get access to a step-by-step digital course that teaches you all the basics for growing successfully.
We have a Planted MD service on the membership website. Send in images and questions regarding your plants and you'll get custom feedback.
We teach you how to recondition your soil as you grow, and you learn how to use the greens and herbs in you're cooking as well as wellness tips and self-care.